New Horizon Bass Anglers accepting new members

Charlie Taylor

New Horizon Bass Anglers accepting new members

Postby Charlie Taylor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Having trouble finding fishing partners? Don't have a boat so you can't get out fishing? Looking to learn more about catching fish?
Check out New Horizon Bass Anglers at: http://www.nhbayouthfoundation.org.
The 60+ member club was founded 25 years ago on the premise that a club should provide FUN, EDUCATION AND CAMARADERIE. We feel that we have achieved this goal and evidently, our members do also. We have consistently maintained a membership of 60+ members, even though we replace about 30% of our membership each year due to transfers, moves, military orders, etc. Many former members come back and fish with us when they are in the area.
We have a schedule of 23 tournaments this year, of which there are no minimum participation requirements. The tournaments are set on numerous bodies of water throughout Virginia and nearby North Carolina. Fees are low ($10 per tournament) and payouts are also low. We are about fun, not money, so our members assist their partners in catching fish. Members are free to choose their own partners (except for 1-2 draw tournaments) and it is anticipated that members will fish with different partners in order to learn from everyone else.
Most of our members have boats, but boat ownership is not required for membership. Boat owners are more than willing to accept new non-boat owners on their boats.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at Logans Roadhouse, 12821 Fair Lakes Parkway, Fairfax, Va., beginning at 7:00 p.m. Most meetings feature a speaker from the fishing industry.....Guide, lure manufacturer, fisheries biologist, boat dealer, Marine police, Tournament winners, etc. In addition, information is exchanged on fishing conditions, upcoming tournaments and how to fish the waters, ramp and lodging conditions, etc.
Go to the web site and check us out. We are always looking for a few good men......and women......and youth over age 16.

Charlie......
New Horizon Bass Anglers
http://www.nhbayouthfoundation.org

SCERS1811

Re: New Horizon Bass Anglers accepting new members

Postby SCERS1811 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Charlie, I am a member of Trout Unlimited (TU), Northern Virginia chapter (NVATU). We are NOT limited to fishing for trout, even if we use a fly rod, and some of us still enjoy angling with our ultra lites for bass or other game fish.

I believe that both of our clubs can be served by discussing challenges (youth being among them) each has encountered and resolutions to get past them. I would deeply appreciate a call to discuss, aimed at a meeting of the minds from each club. If you agree, please give me a call at 571/419-1654.

Tim Johnson
Attachments
June TU Newsletter - Front Page only.JPG

Return to “Fishing Partners - Meet Up”