Decent December cold-weather bass

Everyone is welcome to post your braggin' pics here. However, all braggin' posts must include where/when/how you made your catch.
Curly

Decent December cold-weather bass

Postby Curly » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:31 pm

OK, not a massive fish, but maybe just barely worthy of this thread. Fished a local Loudoun County pond a couple days ago. Really cold outside. Threw a 3/8 oz blue/black jig for about 2 hours with nothing to show. Decided to slow it down to barely moving an inch at a time and felt an ever so slight bump. Set the hook and had a nice battle with this very fat 5 lb 1 oz LMB . :D Returned to the pond to be caught again.........

Charlie Taylor

Re: Decent December cold-weather bass

Postby Charlie Taylor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Good job Curly. Wish I could get out. Planned to get out today, but alas! Things did not work out, again.
Will try again next week after the 2 "Storm Events".

Charlie......

yellowfin_man

Postby yellowfin_man » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Nice looking fish...I have caught some big fish in ponds during winters past....only dinks so far this year.

Goozer

Curly

Postby Curly » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm

yellowfin_man wrote:Nice looking fish...I have caught some big fish in ponds during winters past....only dinks so far this year.

Goozer

Ponds here in Loudoun have to thaw out first. Mostly frozen in Jan! :x

Charlie Taylor

Postby Charlie Taylor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:36 am

Kinda looks like they will be frozen during February as well. Been a while since we had this much ice on the ponds over the winter.

Back in the 80s, even the Potomac River froze every winter. From the last week in December to the third week in February, the river
had too much ice to fish. They even had to run icebreakers up the Chesapeake Bay to allow ship traffic.

Hasn't happened for a good while.

Anxious for warmer weather so I can go fishing'.......

Charlie......

Return to “Bragging Board”