Walleye Spottings So Far in 2015?

JBaileybASSin

Walleye Spottings So Far in 2015?

Postby JBaileybASSin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Good afternoon to all,

I am a new member to the forum, I live about 20 min south of Warrenton, VA but am an avid fisher pretty much across the entire state of VA. Just wondering if anybody has been after any Walleye so far this year? The bite should be starting to heat up with rising water temps! I have caught about a half dozen so far this year and a few nice Largeys'! If anybody has had any luck with any 'eyes yet this year I'd love to hear about it!

Charlie Taylor

Re: Walleye Spottings So Far in 2015?

Postby Charlie Taylor » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 pm

I have had reports of large walleye at Little Creek Reservoir, near Williamsburg. There is usually a good population spawning in the upper end of Lake Abel about this time of year and I have it on good authority that walleye spawn in the area where Route 522 first crosses Lake Anna. There used to be a boat ramp there and the walleye spawn just off the end of the old ramp. Burke Lake and Lake Brittle both have a few walleye left but the VDGIF stopped stocking them and they are thinning out quickly. They spawn at the base of Great Falls as well and these are accessible from the shoreline. I have used reduced minnows with great success in the past. The minnows are available in the creek where Route 193 makes the big curve at the parking lot. I get occasional reports of walleye in the channel between the Gravelly Point boat ramp and the GW Parkway and lots of reports of walleye on the upriver side of Three Sisters Islands in Georgetown.

Good Luck......
Charlie.....

JBaileybASSin

Postby JBaileybASSin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Do you know the exact where abouts on 522 that I can find this boat ramp?

Charlie Taylor

Postby Charlie Taylor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 pm

As you head South on Route 522, the first water you will cross is the Pamunkey River. Once you cross the bridge, you will see a road running parallel to the road, right down to the water. Since the ramp is no longer there, this road is used by anglers to park while fishing. Where the road meets the river is the site of the ramp. That is where I was told about the walleye spawning.

Charlie......

Walleyemac

Postby Walleyemac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:10 am

Any recent Walleye or Saugeye reports out there?

Return to “Northern VA”